Way back in the day, Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention released an album that was a parody of The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band".
Their satire of Sgt. Peppers and The Beatles was quickly derided as tasteless and baseless.
The album title?
"We're In It Only For The Money"
Apparently they were ahead of their time.
So in that vein, every year celebrity obsessed website, Celebrity Networth ranks Rock Stars net worth based on publicly available information, including salaries, real estate holdings, divorces, record sales, royalties and endorsements minus taxes, managers fees, agents fees and lifestyle.
Here's the whole Top 10:
1. Paul McCartney – $800 million
2. Bono – $600 million
3. Jimmy Buffett - $400 million
4. Elton John – $320 million
5. Mick Jagger - $305 million
6. Gene Simmons - $300 million
7. Sting – $290 million
8. Phil Collins – $250 million
10. Dave Matthews - $250 million