Live from the IHeartRadio Studios
Playing with Thee Majestics at Relay For Life
Hosting Relay 4 Life
Live at the Crystal Palace
Instead of searching all over Facebook and clicking on things I "Like"...here's a comprehensive list of some stuff:
1. "Duck Dynasty" - I'm late to the party, but frankly, I've made up for it thanks to endless DD marathons. I LOVE these guys! I'd kill to hang out with Will, Jace, Si or Phil or Miss Kay. Love that every show ends in a prayer.
2. Cubbies Pizza. Its not because its called "Cubbies". It was originally hooked up to a chain called "Jimano's", but after decorating the whole place in Cubs stuff (some of it I donated), Jim Reed changed the name. Kept the pizza. Best damn pizza in town.
3. Flip Flops. I hated these when I was younger. If given a choice, I'd wear mine every day. But not just any flip flops. Mine are made by Crocs. Yeah, the people who make those freakishly ugly rubber clog thingys that I wouldn't be caught dead in...make great flip flops. They're better for your back since they're cushioned on the heel, and they don't get that funky flip flop smell.
4. The All Star Game. Baseball's version is the only one I watch. The NBA and NFL games are a joke. And yes, I think Iseal Puig should be on the team. Hate that Bud Selig made the game determine home field advantage for the World Series. Its an exhibition. Just because the game "means something" now, doesn't mean the players in the past played less hard (ask Ray Fosse after getting decked by Pete Rose).
5. Spontanaety. Planning everything out is overrated. Before our son was born, my wife and I would pack a bag at the last second...and head somewhere. We'd find a hotel, wander around, and bring back cool memories of new places discovered. We revisited that this past weekend on our trip to San Fran. So we probably spent a little more than we would have if we would have "Travelocitied" it...but it was so much more fun just "going with it."